Saturday, February 03, 2007

The language of Loooooooooove

So much to write about that I don't know where to begin...
So instead I will share with you the results of a test I just did

Complete set of results

Quality Time: 10
Physical Touch: 7
Words of Affirmation: 6
Acts of Service: 4
Receiving Gifts: 3



This has actually changed over the last year and a bit. Or maybe I've just had a deeper revelation of the person that God's made me to be. If you want you cantake the quiz too.
It's important to know how to love others and how to communicate to others how you receive love as well.
(This all reminds me of my dear friend, Achlai, and the time we were all in Tim Horton's by McGill laughing about this stuff. )

I actually think that these tests are misleading as well. I mean, they all pressume intentional acts of love. If I knew that someone was doing something to intentionally show me that they loved me, then that in itself would seriously blow me away.
Whether that be hanging out with me or doing my dishes.
A lot of it is motives, right?
Someone could hang out with you out of some sort of moral obligation, or make your bed so that they can feel better about themselves. This is all very Kantian, but needless to say that if we all loved each other intentionally I think we'd be able to really see things more clearly. To 'love your neighbour as yourself' - with a pure heart and pure motives.
Again, I agree that within these five there are preferences, but the root of all of this is probably the assurance that the person is truly expressing these things out of love.
Yeah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home