Friday, December 15, 2006

One fear down

I have arrived here in London, Ontario, visitting Josh, Jenn, Dan and the rest of the 614 London crew.
It's been a great time so far.
My one concern (concern sounds too strong, but anyway) was that I used to have a real fear of cats, and Josh and Jenn have two cats.
I've never had any pets, so I am quite awkward around them. Usually this is amusing for others to observe.
The first night I was just surprised a lot, bcause I am not used to a moving object to come by my feet or run across the room etc. I am used to seeing mice, from my apartment, but cats are significantly bigger.
I had a breakthrough. The first night my face got scratched by the cats twice, but last night, the little kitten, Riley, came and laid on my neck. Normally this would have made me extremely nervous, but this time I scratched it behind the ears (something that Josh told me works well). The cat was purring, but I have NO idea that purring is like a whole body extravaganza. It's like its whole body was vibrating. Very weird. I guess that's common knowledge to everyone, but I have never really been close in proximity to a cat without crying or being petrified.
We started playing together and he ended up sleeping next to me.
One fear of my life - GONE! Praise the LORD. Ha.
It is funny, I admit. The kitty is pretty cute.
Other things in London are going well. Kneedrill last night was good.
I also met this couple who are very into the 24/7 prayer movement. Powerful couple. Powerful ministry. Talk more later,
Peace

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten: Glad to hear about the breakthrough. Duffy (our golden retriever)will be glad to know that...she can't wait to see you on Christmas Day. (either can we...) Love, A. Cathie

9:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day mice, the next day Cats!
Next thing you know you will be talk to lions and riding tigers!
Proud of ya. Keep getting rid of those kittens, i mean fears.
Love you Kir
Andy

12:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home