Sunday, November 26, 2006

Tears are a flowing...

Last year at the War College I got a nickname - the weeping prophet (yes, I know I share it with Jeremiah).
This week I think I have fulfilled my name yet again.
I was walking home from work on Thursday afternoon and I was praying for revelation of the JOY of my salvation.
I started to sing a song to myself "Thank you Lord, for saving my soul. Thank you Lord, for making me whole..."
As I was singing it God gave me a vision of how He had rescued me from Hell. It was graphic, and I burst into tears in the middle of the street. Alone.
I came home and I couldn't stop crying. I shared with some of my housemates about the JOY of my salvation and the deep sorrow for those who are on their way to hell. I kept crying. Crying. Crying for their souls.
I cried all the way through Kneedrill. I wept and wailed.
On Friday night we went out for ExPRO and my partner and I went and talked to this woman, Renee. I told her that she was beautiful and that she was created in God's image. I asked her if I could pray with her and she said "yes". In the middle of the prayer I heard God say something to me. "Renee, Jesus wants to give you a hug. Can I give you one for Him?" She just opened her arms wide and kissed me as I embraced her. I felt like Jesus was hugging her through me and it made me weep, yet again.
On Friday night - the all night of prayer for 614 Vancouver. On one of the hours we went prayer walking and I went to me old hotel - the Balmoral - with two others. We overheard a woman being slapped and pushed into walls and we were praying. She came out (it was 4:30am) and we got to talk to her.
I went back to where we all were gathered and wept some more.

Tears for the JOY that comes with Hope and Salvation. Tears for the souls of those bound for hell. And tears for the Christian brothers and sisters - that we would not be really good at praying the prayers, but we would live out the prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger sixonefour said...

more Lord.
please.

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well..
"Jesus wept."

love ya.

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Praise GOD!!!!!

7:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home