Thursday, January 04, 2007

Amazed

I've been reading through Isaiah again, partly because it's my favourite book, and partly because I want to dig deeper in the word (more than just my "assigned" readings.
It's sooo good.
Something that really struck me today was this passage:
"And my blessings are for Gentiles, too, when they commit themselves to the LORD. Do not let them think that I consider them second-class citizens."
- Isaiah 56:3 (NLT)
This was written WAY before Jesus ever came. This is huge. Huge.
Fast forwarding to Peter's whole revelation and teaching from the LORD about accepting Gentiles, and eating unclean food, to Paul's appointment to preach good news to and save the Gentiles, which was radical stuff then. But this was written way before all of that.
Crazy.
I wonder how the Jews reacted when they read that. That God would bless the Gentiles. It must have sounded absolutely bonkers to them.
The grace of the LORD is abounding.
Hallelujah, that it extends to me. I am humbled.
Praise God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacynta said...

Crazy! I read the same thing the other day and it stopped me dead in my tracks! but I didn't think about the whole cultural aspect and the effects that one sentence would have on people! My amazement was at the basic justice of it and love and equality and unusualness of this statement, i mean for the Jews, sooo maybe I did think a bit about the cultural thing, anyways I read the same thing, same translation and it stopped me dead in my tracks, I love it when the word of God does that!

Love you and miss you kir!
Love J

5:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home