Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Simple thought, really

Sometimes I forget this...

What we do is not so that God will love us (or love us more) but is an attempt to show God that we love Him too.
God loved us first. He's already given us all the love we need and so much more. We just have to soak it in.

Again, to repeat for myself - We do what we do to show that we love HIM, not in some scheme to think that we can make Him love us more.

Sounds simple, but it's been mulling in my head for days...

Blessings

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good truth. I think we try to manipulate people to love us and that carries over into what we do with God. SO we try to manipulate God to love us more. But this truth comes against that. It's one of those truths we probably need to remind ourselves of every day (At least I would, because I forget things so easily...by the way-what did you blog about again? just kidding)

3:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home