Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sister sister time :D

It's good to be back in Vancouver!
I have had an amazing privilege to have Rochelle (sister) spend the past 24 hours with me.
She came over yesterday afternoon and we went on a prayer walk, cell group, ice skating, sleep over, re:cre8 shift, pray the bible, class ... jam packed, but it was great.
We have discovered several more mice in our room in the past few days, so as I slept on the floor to give Rochelle my bed, I noticed/heard/maybe slightly feared - the mice scurrying around my head as I tried to sleep. Nice. There are many worse things, I know, but it's one of those things you need to get used to!
Rochelle and John taught the War College a very good class this afternoon about how to love our neighbours. Challenging.
They are so much smarter than me, it's ridiculous. So many points of view that I share, but I can't articulate properly. They talked about how to love our neighbours. So often we forget our privileged situation when we are talking to people or "ministering" to them.
Let us be moved with compassion (not pity, or trying to get stats) but out of love. Let us try to get into some different shoes to feel how the world is from a different perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home