Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Beef with Vegetarianism

So I just realized that I am not a vegetarian.
I have been claiming to be so since about April, but coming home for the holidays and asking my mom about the free range meat (the only kind I eat...except for those rare occassions). I guess I should have clued into this before, but my dad pointed out the fact that I eat free range meat means that I am not a vegetarian.
I don't want to support companies that torture and slaughter animals in cruel ways in order to gain a profit. But I do want to encourage farmers who are actually caring for their animals and treating them justly - hence my support of free range meat. But true vegetarians obviously don't eat ANY meat. So what difference do they really make?
So here's my beef - I think that vegetarians should eat meat. Free range meat. How else are we going to let people know that we want justice for these animals? Support free range farmers. The meat is almost twice as much, but it can make a difference.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I suspected all along and Josh summed it up some 4 months back...

...Your just a vegetarian who eats meat...

You've been kidding yourself allllll along...

Dan

p.s. I'm a vegetarian too now...

7:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

acceptance is always the first step. cheers on a decision well placed.

=reh

3:33 a.m.  
Blogger Tim said...

Lol. I can't decide if this is a serious post or not? Between eating meat and not realizing that that meant you WEREN'T a vegetarian and believing that vegetarians should eat meat...are you for real???

7:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home