Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Praise the LORD

My last entry was pretty intense, and God was definately (and still is) doing some pretty crazy stuff in me.
But how amazing is this: Last night after blogging, I went to Re:Cre8 to do some reading, and I saw Tracey there. I've met her a few times before at our coffee bar, so I started to chat it up with her and found out that the next day (which is now today) was going to be her 39th birthday. She said she didn't have any plans so I told her I'd take her out for her birthday. Praise the Lord. It was such a blessing.
Then after a crazy (and unrelated) incedent involving Bear Spray, Re:Cre8 was evacuated early. I went home to the wonderful Balmoral and saw my neighbour Peter, who is a Scotsman in his late 50's. I have been praying for Peter this week, because it seems everytime I talk with him, there are only negative things that come out of his mouth and I really wanted to find a way to encourage him. So last night...
"Hey, Peter, how's it going?"
"Terrible!"
"You had a rough day?"
"It was awful!"
"I am sorry to hear that, Peter" I said as we crossed paths and I went on to my room. All of the sudden I remembered all my prayers for Peter and turned around to and asked him "Do you want to come to dinner at my friend's house Wednesday night?"
His eyes lit up. He was so excited. I continued to explain what our cell was like and he has game. I am picking him up tomorrow. Praise the Lord!!
God is so good. Sometimes I don't know if I can take how good He is.
I was at the community center here waiting to use the internet and there were a few guys playing guitars and singing, and although I was reading, I couldn't help but sing along with them. They invited me over to join them in singing old Beatle tunes. What a riot. I loved it.
I love that I can walk down the street and say hi to people by name. It's always a highlight for me. I am truly so grateful to be down here. I love seeing God's hand at work, and the beauty in His creation. I get to see Jesus in the faces of each person that I talk to, minister to, listen to, and serve.
My heart overflows.

I will praise the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be on my lips.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Kirsten! I know you indirectly through Olivia Munn - and I think my parents know your parents - anyway it sounds like amazing things are happening through you in BC - keep up the faithful fight! jason penney

8:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home