Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Thank you mom for being a Hannah

I was reading 1 Samuel and it made me really thankful for my mom. Hannah really wanted a child and she made a promise that if God would grant her a child, that she would give him back to the Lord. (1 Samuel 1:10) God granted her that request and Hannah fulfilled her promise to God as well.

It must have been incredibly hard for Hannah to give up Samuel to God. She must have loved him so much and cherished every moment that she had with him.

My mom has told us on many occasions that she has always wanted children. Each of us know, without a doubt, that her love for us is great. When I was reading this passage it made me even more thankful that I have a mother who is willing to give us to the Lord, despite how hard it might be. My mom would love for us to all live on the same block and one day bring all of our grandchildren to her house on Sunday afternoons. But even more than my mom's desire for that, is her desire for us to follow God.

It's hard to see my mom cry, and let's face it, the Ivany women are emotional (not a big surprise to most). But what warms my heart is the fact that my mom is so happy that we are all following the call that God has on our lives. It must be so hard for her to see us go, but I admire the strength that she has to do it with confidence in the Lord.

Thanks for being a Hannah, mom. I love you!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home