Monday, October 17, 2005

RTB etc.

Here are the War College we have many classes and activities everyday, and one of my absolute favourite times of the day is RTB (Read the Bible).
It takes place at 11:30 - 12:15 and we sit in groups of about 5 or 6 and take turns (surprise, surprise) reading through the bible.
We've read through John, Acts and now we're on to Romans. I really love it.
It's so interesting to hear other people's perspectives and thoughts on different matters. In my group there are 2 Australians, 1 Indian (from India), 2 Americans and myself. We start off in prayer asking that Holy Spirit would come and stir our hearts up for the Word of God. And, as usual, He is always faithful.
It's such a blessing.
In Michael Collins class we're learning about HEAPS of things, but one thing that He always encourages us to be "Barians", which was a group in the bible that always examined the scriptures to make sure that the prophets were speaking truth. So with all teachings he gives, he encourages us to test it in the scriptures. I find that it's really pushing me know the WORD more and more.

That's something I really appreciate about many of the leaders here. They don't simply give you something and expect you to injest it automatically. Now, don't get me wrong, there are appropriate ways of "challenging" what is being taught. We need to respect our teachers, but I love the way that they want to grow us as leaders, rather than just carbon copies of themselves. Does that make sense?

All this to say - I am really loving the bible more and more. I am seeking out scriptures more and more, and I feel growing in wisdom. God is so good. I feel blessed to be here.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Also - I found this shirt online and randomshirts.com Haha. If anyone wants to buy it for me, I would really really love it.


AND -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
DAN WHITE
WHO IS 23 TODAY!
You're a legend Dan. Blessings,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Hi Kirsten.

I must admit, read the Bible is one of my fav times in the day. Praise the Lord! We always have great conversations and learn a lot during the session!

Bless ya.
Andrew
theworldforgod.blogspot.com

11:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home