Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mario

We had just finished prayer walking and I was on my way to cell at Cherie's house, when I bumped into this man named Mario.
Mario is from Quebec and was quite pleased to have the opportunity to speak french with me. He has been living in the DTES (downtown eastside) for about 23 years. He was so excited to talk to me that at times he would grab me by the shoulders and tell me repeatedly "listen to me" (in french).
I got to chatting with him, although I had to cut it short so that I wouldn't be late, but at the end of our conversation I offered to pray with him and he was very willing to receive prayer.
I hadn't prayed for someone in french in a while, but God must have spoken through me because when I had finished Mario told me that he was so happy that he could cry.
Even if all those years of learning french were just for that moment, I praise God for that. It was such a blessing to be able to give that to Mario. A conversation in his native tongue. Thank you Jesus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome. God is good and he is faithful. Just said a prayer for Mario and one for you too. Love you, A.Cathie

12:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home