Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I am alive and well!

Sorry for the big pause in my blogging. It's pretty busy here and I am not used to working into my schedule days in advance when I can check my email...
I am so blessed to be where I am. I can say with all honesty and integrity that I love being here. I feel "at home". I wasn't really expecting to feel those sentiments, but it is a gift.
I can't talk long, but a few thoughts...
I am living in a shady hotel/brothel, and despite the fact that there are sex trade workers on each floor (breaks my heart, but I am slowing building relationships) and that I see numerous needles and crack pipes daily in the halls, I know that God is here. I can see Him working. Praise God.
I am also learning about letting go and allowing Godito be my Healer, and Comforter.
I love living in community.
On saturday I met a woman, Marlee, who lives in the Empress (another hotel down here where my brother lived last year). She looks like a walking skeleton from her addiction to meth. I offered to get her some food, and when I brought it to her room it my heart ached as I saw her going for another hit as I was leaving. I was able to go down the hall to 705, to pray with friends and feel open enough to cry with them.

I will write again soon, but thanks for all of your prayers. They are GREATLY appreciated.
Please continue to pray for endurance (it gets very tiresome) and for protection - particularily for my dreams. Many nightmares... Be blessed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

You are covered in prayer - great, humbling, special to be with you last Wednesday. Just as God is present in the "hell-hole" we call the east side - he is present deep, deep down below the surface and our healing will appear, in glory for sure, perhaps here, but his PRESENCE is with us! Keep pursuing and being pursued by Him!

love, dad

7:03 a.m.  
Blogger The @ said...

You are always in my prayers, mate

Hope to speak soon

m@

6:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home