Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bill and the Raven

Our session, called "the HOLY" (yes, it's a high calling) went on our first prayer walk yesterday. I was partnered up with a great young woman named, Olivia. We stopped at this corner to pray, and I was searching for this story in my bible about ravens. I knew it was in Kings somewhere, and I was looking it up because I believed that God was saying that blessings will come from unexpected places.
While I was shuffeling through the pages, this homeless man came up to us and said "God bless you!" then he quickly added "I could tell you were Christians from abuot a block away because there was a light shinning around you".
God's timing is amazing.
I found the passage (1 Kings 17:6) about the blessings for Elijah from the ravens who brought him food. Ravens are also notorious for being dirty, yet still blessed Elijah incredibly. This man, who's name is Bill, was such a blessing to me yesterday. I love it when God confirms things in your life. It's like a pat on the back or a thumbs up.
I was smiling the rest of the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home