Thursday, October 06, 2005

Week 4 in the DTES

Hello to all my faithful friends who keep checking up on this blog despite the few and far between entries. I am trying to get into a groove so that I can be a bit more consistent Thanks for your patience ;)

A lot have been happening lately. I actually have been writting things down that I want to blog about, so here are some COMING ATTRACTIONS, if you will

Hedonic Christianity, Army History, ACC (Agressive Christianity Conference), A verse that got me really thinking, and Mario.

Hopefully this weekend I can flesh out one or two of those for you.

I really love being here (I think that i have mentioned this) although I feel like our session is under some attack. When good things are happening, the Enemy wants to get in there and mess things up. Two people from our session are no longer with us, and our group is grieving the loss. There are some tensions arising in our family (of the 614 community here) and we would really appreciate your prayers.

On a lighter note, I got to meet some of my neighbours yesterday in the Balmoral. As part of our School of Justice my group is trying to establish a stronger sense of community within our slum hotel. Most of the people that we meet are trying to get out of the hotel, but it was great to at least get to know their names. I love saying hi to people by name when I come home at night.

My time is up, but GOD IS GOOD. He is faithful to His word. Amen. In Galatians 6:8 (I am pretty sure that is the right verse) it says that if we sow RIGHTEOUSNESS we will reap UNFAILING LOVE. So I pray that you would sow righteousness so that you can reap His wonderful unfailing love!
Be blessed,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIR!!!
So glad that you wrote! I check almost every day! I LOVE YOU! Hope that all is well..I will be praying for you and your team...

Montreal is not the same without you..but I am sure that Vancouver will never be the same because you are there..so..Bless you!

4:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten: I've been checking every day too. It's good to listen to your heart and to be able to pray into your life. We'll miss you this weekend - Thanksgiving - I'm thankful for a wonderful niece like you. Lots of love, A. Cathie

3:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home