Thursday, October 27, 2005

Romans

My RTB group (Read the Bible) has just been finishing off reading Romans, and to be honest, I have never loved reading that book more than this time around. God's WORD was jumping out at me left, right and center. I love it when the Holy Spirit speaks to me through Scriptures. I find that I am being changed and that the desire of my heart is to be a woman of integrity and of the WORD of the Lord.

13:10a "Love does no harm to its neighbor…"
14:17 "For the kingdom of God is … of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual
edification."
15:2 "Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up."


These are the verses that spoke to me in the last time that we met together to read.
I am challenging myself with these questions –
How am I loving my neighbours – in my hotel, in my session, in the downtown eastside etc.? Am I truly loving them? How can love them more?
Am I pursuing righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit? Do I pray for these things consciously? Regularly? How are my actions reflecting that?
Am I making every effort to do what leads to peace and mutual edification? Do I talk sometimes just for myself? Or when I talk is it to edify the body/others? Am I wise with my words?

Maybe I can answer some of these in days to come…

Lord, help me to be teachable. Keep my heart soft and changeable. Let your Holy Spirit guide me into Truth and lead me on the road to everlasting. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home