Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sometimes it rains on the inside

Some things on my mind today...

On Monday morning I went to Re:Cre8 (coffee ministry) for breakfast to get a cup of coffee and do my rations, and I saw a woman named Nora. Her face was bruised up and she said that the day before she had been thrown out of a moving car. She said she could use all the prayers that she could get, so I offered to pray with her. She was almost in tears and as she got up she kissed me on the forehead. It was a blessing indeed.


I was walking around my neighbourhood and in the amount of an hour three different me said "Hey good looking", "Hey mommy", and "Hey baby". There was actually a time in my life that I found that kind of language flattering. It definately doesn't have the same affect on me anymore. The Lord is changing my heart. When that guy said "hey baby" I responded with (although I was walking ahead when I said this so I don't know if he heard me or not) "Baby? That's not my name!" I wasn't trying to be funny or cheeky.


On my prayer walk yesterday I saw such despair. I was walking through an alley and I saw someone with their pants rolled up and they were shooting up into the back of their knee. A few steps further I saw one man injecting a needle into another man's neck. I couldn't think of a more uncomfortable or awkward situation, let alone sharing needles, and in a filthy alleyway. BUT it did make me wonder - these addicts are so faithful to their addiction, that they are willing to do whatever it takes. Am I more addicted to Jesus than someone looking for a fix. Am I willing to be incredibly uncomfortable, dirty, whatever it takes, for the Kingdom of God ...


I am also feeling pretty lonely today. I have a bad cough, but I am not sure that's why I am feeling blue. I am trying to figure out how to handle the situation. Do I tell someone who is close by how I am feeling? Or would that be like having a pity party? Do I pretend that I am not lonely? Do I embrace my humanity, knowing that I am not perfect and everyone gets lonely sometimes? Do I identify with Jesus and the times that He felt lonely? Or perhaps I should feel bad that I am being so selfish in recognizing my loneliness and not thus reflecting too much on myself.


Just some thoughts in my head today

5 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Hey K:

You're growing from the inside - deeper than anything - Jesus is deeper still.

You take care of the external stuff, he will take care of the internal stuff.

We're holistic - physical, emotional, spiritual, rational - when one is hit, we all feel it. Knowing makes all the difference.

God rejoices in your soul, and so do I!

dad

6:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kirsten!
I've never actually left a message on your blog site before, but ALWAYS look forward to reading about how you're doing. One thing I love about you is your sensitive heart. You're in tune with the people around you, and your love for them is so sincere. I think about you lots in fact and rejoice in how God is working in and through you in Vancouver.
I'm sorry you're feeling lonely- those days can be really hard! But I'm thankful that God is really gonna let His presence be known to you more intimately as you continue to seek Him. Praying that the one who loves you MOST OF ALL will be speaking to your heart today.
Love you girl!
Becky F. <><

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger joel.ivany said...

Bonjour ma belle!

Comment ca va!

Ah oui, Ma Bebe! Viens ici pour chanter de la joie!

Allons y!

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger Carla said...

yes, share...
that's what life's about
see you when I get back

CNE

3:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you have to offer community is yourself.
That's the cardinal rule of AUTHENICITY - honesty.
Don't wallow - just be honest.
We are only who we are.
But that's the very best of us.
Fight on sister.
Love those pics.
You have amazing eyes.
Grace.
Danielle

12:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home