Saturday, December 10, 2005

Woah...that's trippy

One of the things I absolutely love about 614 Vancouver is their philosophy on children in the church.
They do not believe that kids are the future of the church.
What do you think?
Maybe some of you are scratching your heads.
They believe that kids aren't the future church, they are part of the church right now.
They always encourage the kids to pray over adults etc and encourage them in their gifts.
Well this week I had one of my first experiences of being truly wowed by the powerful working of the Holy Spirit through a child.
We were at kneedrill (Thursday night prayer meeting/worship) and we were at the time of worship when music is playing and we're just soaking up what God is doing. Some of us were lying down, some kneeling, some standing etc.
All of the sudden I had this vision in my head - I was dancing (gracefully...not hip hop) with a scarf, or a flag or somethinng, going around the room (I assumed as symbolism of the Holy Spirit's rest - the theme of the night). I was just about to go ask one of the leaders if there were any of those things in the room that I could use. Suddenly Jeni took the mic and said "I feel like God is wanting to wave a banner over us, almost like flags..."
COOL - I love confirmation :)
So I told Jeni (nobody else knew) and we went to find something. I found a white sheet. As Jeni and I were looking, Melinda came up to Jeni and said "Guess what, JUST before you said that, Serene (her 5 year old daughter)turned to me and said 'Mommy, we forgot the flags! Jesus wants us to wave them over people tonight'."
Isn't that insane?!?
So in my mind I was like - okay, maybe it was suppose to be Serene who was dancing and not me. So I went up to Serene, and before I could even ask her if she knew what she was going to do, she took the sheet and started moving around the room, drapping the sheet, or waving it over people. I went to lie down, waiting to receive my blessing from it too. She came over and it was beautiful.
Two minutes later she comes up to me, holds out the sheet and says with a straight face "It's your turn". I did hear right! God did want me to dance and wave a flag/sheet around. And this was confirmed through a 5 year old.
Sooooooooooooooo trippy. I love it. It was amazing.
God is so good.
I encourage you to bless and encourage the children of your congregation. God is using them in big ways, lets mobilize them by stepping back :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Jeni is the flag queen. Say hello for me.

One of my most significant spiritual memories is the War College Grad last year, and her movement with the flag - God's covering - his spirit.

Keep it unfurled with his wind - the beat goes on - nice....

9:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home