Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Honey to my Soul

Something that I have learnt is that if my prayer life suffers - my spiritual life suffers. I've been reading my bible regularly, and that's great, but prayer is so important. It's what keeps you connected to your Maker.
When I am being honest with God and talking to Him regularly, my life feels so much more on track, and that's an understatement.
I had a good prayer time today. I was so hungry for His presence.
Sometimes I feel like the love that I have for God is so intense, that I feel like I might explode. I fell to my knees, crying, and worshipping.
I usually begin my prayer times in worship and adoration. Just telling God who He is. I sit on that until my heart starts stirring (some days take longer than others), because it is only from there - a broken and soft heart - that I like to intercede for others, because it is only there that I feel my heart is truly in the right place.
The love that God has for His children is so pure, so powerful, it's unexplainable. I usually end up in tears because my body just doesn't know how to handle it.
His love is like honey to my soul.
I encourage you - if your prayer life is suffering, or dry, do whatever it takes to make time to talk to God. It is so worth it.

PTL - H! (Sorry, that's an inside :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home