Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh Mother

Some interesting things since I've been "home" (although I've never actually lived in this house before...)

I forgot about my mom's eating habits. Having Crystal here with me for the holidays makes it even funnier because I get to see someone else's reactions to her diet.
My mom eats the same thing everyday
Breakfast - bagel
Lunch - cheese scone with peanut butter
Supper - (to be noted that she doesn't eat with us, but later on...at 9pm to be exact) a turtle (not a real one, the chocolate one), mounds of potatoe chips - pepper and lime, one shortbread cookie, lots of fake crab, chunks of cheese (this one does vary with what kind of cheese we have) occassionaly pretzles and around the rim of the bowl - orange slices. All of these things in the same bowl, in the same order (turtle on the bottom, then chips, etc.)
Now the funny thing is that i am not joking. She's been eating this exact same thing for over 20 years. Is that not a bit strange? My mom doesn't seem to think so. She says that everyone has their routines. She says she's healthy and disciplined.
Here's a challenge. If anyone can think of a weirder routine, bring it on. I am out to prove to my mom that this is in fact unusual. Not to be condeming or anything, but to show how completely ridiculous it is....I mean...come on!
Hahahahah.
The Ivany's - what a riot.

Other than that things have been good. I got to hang out with some Igniters tonight. Laughed so hard! It was great.
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i most definitely do not have a story to live up to that challenge.

i just wanted to say-- that is ridiculously weird. that's all.

--olivia

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Holysession said...

So I don't actually know anyone with a routine like that. But I have to back you up on that one Kir it is pretty odd. Sorry Mrs Ivany.

Jacynta

7:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is an excellent eating habit-- and one to be duplicated by others. what a creative woman she must be-- and I'm sure this discipline has also caused her to create beautiful, creative children!

Way to go, Mrs. Ivany! Keep it going!!!

10:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - what about the yoghurt covered raisins? I remember those on many visits. (and some kind of homemade cookie). But, my real question is - where are the veggies? She's a vegetarian...hmm - I'd be asking that question.(sounds more like a carboterian). A. Cathie P.S. It was so good to see you at Christmas.

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger Tim said...

This is, indeed, a very strange diet! And I agree, she IS more like a carboterian!

8:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home