Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Up in smoke

Okay so tonight as I got off the elevator on my floor at the Balmoral Hotel I noticed something unusual. We always have very strange smells, so that wasn't so surprising as the clouds of smoke, particularily close to my room which is at the end of the hall. I asked my buddy Joe what the deal was - he didn't know. I call on John, who has been living in this hotel for 17 years.
He was a bit reluctant to tell me, but the students living here have built up a good raport with him so he soon told us what it was.
Some new guys were steaming crack. I don't even know what that means! He said the smell is crack and what I am inhaling is smoke from crack.
My room is right across from the bathroom. I am pretty much breathing in crack and there's nothing i can do about it. They are also smoking pot, but they do that constantly.
This situation is slightly amusing, yes, but also a bit scary. Without my permission I am probably getting secondary highs left right and centre.
Oh man, oh man. Life at the Balmoral...

For a mouse update - we've caught 5 in our room in the past two days. We started putting these sticky papers on the ground to catch them. Grossest moment - I put on my flip flops to go take a shower and there was a mouse stuck to the bottom of one of them....yuck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Baker said...

Hey, Kirsten - just thought I'd check out what's up with you and what you're blogging about. But, uh, it's about the mouse story.... Ewwww!!!! What other words are there? In my brother's first apartment (near UBC) they had a row of mice drawn on the wall - one for every mouse they killed, much like the Red Baron. Worst I've had to deal with are spiders the SIZE of mice, in North Van. Oh, wait - that's not true - I had two huge RATS once in my very first place. But only two, not five, and neither of them stuck to my shoe....

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Rochelle said...

Dear Kirst,
Please monitor the whole inhaling crack thing. xo

10:20 a.m.  
Blogger sixonefour said...

Steaming Crack; imagine when you make crack, by boiling water cocaine, and baking soda, it all hardens into one big chunk, so you have to heat it and break it up. This is also the optimal time to add your own extras to " step on it" kina like when your mom adds bread crumbs to ground beef to make it go further.

5:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les petit souris!

J'adore les petits souris!

Joelle

6:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home