Sunday, July 17, 2005

Stuff is stirring up

So today was suppose to be our "day off". Coincidently (or not) it was the day that I saw the most spiritual warfare going on.
It started off when I was sitting with this guy James at lunch who was telling me the first time that he ODed was when he was seven years old. His dad gave him a joint laced with pcp. Then at age ten his mom gave him his first hit of lcd. He now has a wife (or ex wife...wasn't really clear) that has a $500 a day cocaine addiction. He is living at the shelter where I've been staying this week. I couldn't believe it. The enemy has been working for SO long on people. He's forty now and going through recovery for the second time.
The police came to the shelter today because of a big fight that broke out in the front of the building.
Then we went out to the streets at 10pm-12:30am with a soup van. Some stayed there and other went to look for people. Jono and I were paired up and we came across a lady (who was high) who was part of a satan worshipping cult that were really beating on her. She kept talking about all the demons and 'satans' around her. She left quickly to go and talk to some people in this really shady motel. We kept praying that she's come out and go to the soup van, and praise the Lord, she did. But it broke my heart to talk to her. Everytime I spoke to her about the truth, she cut me off and talked about how she was a child of the devil. Pretty crazy stuff.
Then we were sitting and chatting with people and guys in a car drove by and threw eggs at the van, circled around and threw eggs at the volunteers.
Today has been super heavy, but I also give thanks to God because something must be happening in His kingdom for the enemy to cause such a strong defence.
Please pray for protection for "the Caring Place" here in Maple Ridge that is run by the Salvation Army. It's a shelter that also feeds about 80 people per meal everday and does a lot of good work in the community (cell groups, soup van, one on ones, prayer nights etc.)

I am GLAD that i am on the winning side, because the battle is REAL and it belongs to the Lord! Do I hear an amen?

1 Comments:

Blogger The @ said...

Amen! seriously Amen to the work you guys and the people you visit do.

m@

6:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home