Monday, June 13, 2005

Grand Prix in Montreal

This weekend was CRAZY here in Montreal with the Grand Prix. Since I live right downtown, I saw first hand, all the action that was taking place. The city was swarming with people. On Friday night, some of my friends and I went out to celebrate Mike's birthday, and even at 3am there were loads of people in the street.

One bonus was that there were also a lot of free give aways. Score.

I have been thinking a lot about many things. For a little while now I have felt as if I plateaued in my walk with God. Things weren't necessarily getting bad, they just didn't feel like they were growing. But I have recently made some mistakes, or realized where I have been at fault in my life, and so now I am back on track. I haven't really been demonstrating AGAPE love in my life. I have been searching to have my desires fulfilled (EROS love). Wanting to have secure friendships where I feel connected and secure, wanting to be "a part" of something. Longing to be in a relationship... In reading "Life Together" by Bonhoeffer, it has really been teaching me a lot. I have so many areas of my life where I fall short, but Praise the LORD that God is faithful. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home