Sunday, June 05, 2005

I just finished a CRAZY week at school, but there are so many things to be thankful for. I'll share a few :)
Some of you may know that I have been having trouble with this pesky little statistics course. To complete my major in psyc I need to do 2 stats courses, and the first stats course, I've failed twice (F, D - and yes, a D is a fail at McGill). So needless to say I was really bummed out. I went to see if I could register for the summer course - they said I was banned from taking it :o I went to see an academic advisor - they told me to do another major :o Things weren't looking good. To make a long story short, I wrote 4 letters to the Dean asking to let me take the final exam with the summer course (even though I wasn't aloud to register in that class) - I went to see a tutor twice a week, went and talked to 2 stats profs, and on the MORNING OF THE EXAM, found out that the dean has altered my D to a C, so I didn't have to write the exam - I passed stats 1!!!! PRAISE THE LORD! Sooooooo happy. I almost fell over in her office.

Another blessing - Sunday afternoons I always go to buy fresh fruit and veggies from Morelatos. I got this feeling that I should buy more fruit than usual, so I figured, hey, maybe God is telling me to prepare some fruit for church this evening - to bless the fellowship there. So I bought a heap of bananas amongst other things. As I was walking back to my place on St. Catherine's (a main street) in the BLAZING hot weather, I saw a man begging for money for food. I sat beside him on the street and asked him if he wanted some food. His eyes lit up and i gave him like 10 bananas. He kept saying thank you to me as I was leaving. I was so glad that I bought all that extra fruit!

Yet another blessing - I went in to get my final paycheck at work, and one of the managers was crying because she just found out her step mom was going to pass away either today or tomorrow. I was able to pray for her there in the office. I haven't been able to pray with any of my co-workers the whole time that I worked at Pekarna (2 years). Although the circumstances were obviously sad, it was a blessing that that was the way that I left. In prayer. Amen.

So many more things to say, but I will write again later. Blessings to you all.

Peace, Joy and LOVE, Kir xox

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I'm so happy you're doing so well :)
Praying for you......and we should hang out soon

6:17 a.m.  
Blogger The @ said...

congrats darl, I bet your feeling great, hope everything from now on works out even better

hope life is going well

8:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home