Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Beautiful Weekend Part 2

There has been so much racing through my mind lately. That normally happens when I get overwhelmed, but on the train ride home I was able to journal a bit and here are some of the things that I wrote down:
"I think that I am just the same as so many Christians - I want a nice, neat package, a "to do" list or a "plan". I get anxious with what I perceive to be chaotic or unpredictable.
What do I want? I want to know/feel like I am back in the grip of God's hand. I "know" that I never left, but just like when you have a conversation with someone - you can zone out. You are there, but your mind isn't. I really feel like I have zoned out with God this month.
This weekend was such a blessing. I LOVE worshipping with my family. When we're all singing and praising God together. It's like heaven on earth...."
There's a lot I wrote about worship, but I'll leave it at that for now.

A verse that really struck me today in my devo's came from Proverbs 10 (the message)
"Make hay while the sun shines - that's smart; go fishing during harvest - that's stupid."
If you want to shout out a prayer for me, (as odd as it sounds) I feel as if I am 'fishing during harvest'. Hmmmm...that sounds like a cool book title.
I'll explain later.

Love and peace to my hommies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home