Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Incarnational Living

God is good.
This will be quick because I am in someone's office that I don't really know.
Over these past two weeks God has really been teaching me so much about who He is and where He is.
I remember doing a studying on "Experiencing God" a while back and the thing that i took from it was - Find where/what God is blessing and joing Him (rather than just asking Him to bless where you are).
I feel so blessed to be able to come and see where God is moving. To see Jesus in all walks of life.
I am not so pretentious as to believe that I am going out as a middle class white hero to bless those lowly poor people. Not at all. I have come to see the face of Jesus. I have come to be blessed by them, to learn from them, to have my heart broken at seeing the broken body of Christ.
I will write more later, but one really cool thing that I heard this week that has been rolling around in my head, echoing over and over was a quote from Mother Teressa. She was asked "In looking at all the poverty and devastation in the world, how can you say that there is a God?" to which she replied "Don't you dare blame that on God. There is poverty and devastation in the world because God's children refuse to share!"

Blessings

1 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Please pass on blessing to Dana and Jono - you are covered in prayer big-time.

Praying for your fall.

Would like you each team member to write an article on their experiences. Would be God-glorifying, help transition/prepare for the next team.

love, dad

6:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home