Friday, July 15, 2005

In the Stillness...

Today it was a misty day in Maple Ridge, BC. We went down to the beach to participate in an inter-church outreach event/volleyball tournament, and it ended up that it got cancelled (to my relief - those who know me know that I am not a big team-sports person).
It was raining a bit, but it was so cool to see the trees and hills (no mountains at that particular beach) in the mist was breath-taking. I thank God for being an awesome Creator of ALL things. I took my shoes off and stood in the water, desperate to jump in with my clothes on, but had to stop myself in respect for the person who drove me there (not wanting to mess up their car).
God is so good. I thank Him for speaking to me in the stillness. Skipping rocks into the water and hearing the pitter patter of raindrops on the lake all around me was truly and wonderfully beautiful.

Psalm 95:1-7
"Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care."

3 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Sometimes it's really sweet just to stand in awe of God's creation. I take our surroundings for granted sometimes...when I do get the time, admiring his handy work is always refreshing to me. Nice post.

8:24 p.m.  
Blogger Tim said...

I was reading a friend’s thoughts tonight on how God speaks to her in the stillness. Of how she took a walk along the beach, skipping stones into the water and feeling the warmth of the sand on her feet. Of how the mist hovered gently over the trees and of how the rain pitter pattered in the water on the lake all around her. And I wondered if God still spoke to me, in the noise of the city, in the cry of the siren, in the shouts of the people on the street, in the staggering of the drunk, in the solicitation of the prostitute, in the threat of the mugger, and through my locked doors. I'm sure He does, but sometimes it's hard to hear.

4:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten - You are a wonderful child of God and I have just been reading your blog - looking at your great pictures. I am so privileged to have amazing/awesome nieces and nephews - whose greatest desires are to please the Lord. You are right on Kirsten, God is SOOOOO good; AND WAY BIGGER than the enemy. He has trampled satans head with His heal. I praise Him for that - and life triumphantly in that knowledge. Keep on in the strength of the Lord, Kirsten. XOXOX

8:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home