Sunday, July 10, 2005

Maple Ridge

I am now in Maple Ridge. Just finished my first two weeks of Urban Salvos. Got to spend some time with cousins on my day off, so that was a real blessing.

I am trying to reflect on the things that God has taught me this past week at Camp Sunrise's teen camp. I was a counsellor as well as a co-leader in worship (with my brother) for the week. Even though it was a teen camp, there were some cool new perspectives that I got from the speakers.

One was a different perspective on the devil. I can't remember who it was that gave this image (Jon Evans???) that the devil has been damned from heaven and hates us so much, because we are children of God (loved by God etc.) that he will stop at nothing to take as many of us down to hell with him because it's the only way that he can get back at God. By hurting those he loves. Wow. What an image.

Another completely AMAZING story - the camp that is following teen camp is jr. music camp and they were suppose to have this man Ed Wong come to lead worship. During teen camp (he wasn't there, but during the time that teen camp was taking place) Ed Wong left his house to go to the store or something, listening to his ipod and he got struck with lightening on his head!!! ON HIS HEAD! It busted the ipod, he was burt from the head down, lost his teeth, has a wire or something holding his jaw together, but he's still alive. He came up regardless to partake in the worship. How amazing is God. Wow. That's an incredible story. Praise the Lord for restoring his life.

Hopefully I will blog soon on other things that God has been teaching me.
If you are wanting things to pray for me...
That I would find JOY in serving.
That I would be completely satisfied by God in every way.
That I would learn how to love well.
That I would have endurance and patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home