Thursday, February 15, 2007

Rest for the weary

I had a beautiful encounter with a woman I met on the streets during Nightlights this week (our ministry to prostituted people in the downtown eastside). My friend Olivia and I were able to convince her to not "work" for about an hour and come hang out with us, get some soup, just relax. Her name is Nancy, and at first she wasn't very welcoming to us but I felt the LORD nudging me nonetheless to go and talk to her. So I sat down next to her and we just started to talk. It was very interesting because I was actually able to see things through her perspective while sitting with her. The cars rolling up, people ignoring her when she speaks to them, old "clients" and stories she had to share. She eventually opened up to us and I am always shocked and broken to hear new stories from these women.
God bless and protect Nancy.

This week the LORD has really been bringing things up in my life. Aaron alluded to some of that in the comments from my last blog. God's been showing me that I am not alone, and that I need to really as in not just pay it lip service, but really embrace the heart of the YAHWEH for "the last, the lost, the least" as the Sally Ann always says.
It's really easy to make excuses, at least for me it is. But the LORD knows all and sees all. Kind of scary, but also comforting at the same time. He sees a heck of a lot of pain, but also holds the keys to freedom, gives an abundance of hope and grace, and best of all He doesn't show partiality. It is offered to all.

"Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink - even if you have no money!"
- Isaiah 55:1,
"The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let each one who hears them say, "Come." Let the thirsty ones come - anyone who wants to. Let them come and drink the water of life without charge." - Revelation 22:17
"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."" - Matthew 11:28-30
The invitation is open.
Let's join together and tell those in despair that there is hope. Those that are blind that they can see. Those who are hurt that we know the Healer. Those who are lost that we know the way back home. Let's join, please. We are part of a family and our brothers and sisters are lost and need to come home. Will you go?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't funny how we can sit down next to the woman and try to connect with her and at the same time God user her to teach us. Keep it up. Tell Olivia that Josh from NH says hi.

6:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home