Monday, May 29, 2006

Vernon...

Things are good here in Vernon.
Prayer times are great here. I have a 24/7 prayer room attached to the back of my house, so I get to pray a lot.
I'm meeting some interesting people and I'm excited about some upcoming projects. I am going to be working a bit more on my photography, so that's cool.
Hopefully I can put some of those pics up here and you can give me some feedback.

I am learning, by God's grace, how 'mission' can look vastly different in various venues. After a year of constantly seeing people using, or involved in the sex trade, to suburbia where there aren't that many people out at night ... different climate - spiritually, culturally etc.
My deepest prayer at the moment is that I'll be able to hear God's voice and walk in obedience. When you know all the right things to say or do, you are in dangerous territory because you can 'fool' a lot of people into believing you've got it all together.
I'm fighting to hear God's voice. Last night I was literally crying out to God. We all are desperate for His presence, but sometimes the desperation looks different. Especially when your environment changes.

I don't think that I'm alone in this. I pray that you will cry out to the Lord and recognize just how much you need Him. It's when we are humble, and broken, that He can come and give us the fullness of His strength and healing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Night Prayer

How precious to me is your steadfast love, O God!
I take refuge in th shadow of your wings and feast on the abundance of your table.
I depend on the river of your gifts.
For with you is the fountain of life;
Only in your light do I see the light. (Hildegard of Bingen)

Tears are often the telescope by which people see far into heaven.

Stick with it K. Love and Grace

6:22 a.m.  
Blogger Tara Ayer said...

Thanks for sharing with me in your humility and brokeness...and teaching me more and more about hungering and thirsting for the courts of the Lord. I love you sister!

11:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home