Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Praying for Justice

Today I was in the prayer room/war room at the Empress Hotel with a few other people and all of the sudden I heard this woman screaming. My friend Joel and I went running down the stairs to see what it was. We saw this big guy *Chris holding this girl *Jen by the neck against the wall. Jen was bleeding from the head and Chris didn't have a shirt on. They were struggling. My buddy Joel was trying to break it apart when Jen's friend *Sue came and started cussing out Chris. I was still standing in the stairwell overlooking all of this when *Dave came running by me with a big wooden pole about the circumfrance of a water bottle. Dave takes the stick and hits Chris over the head with all his force. Chris releases the girl. I was praying and praying. I did not want to witness another murder...
Chris was trying to make sense of what was going on and was explaining that Jen stole $200 dollars off of him (it's welfare day here today). All of the sudden Dave hits Chris over the head again and bolts with Sue.
I went to call 911 and reported the whole thing. About 7 policemen came. It was crazy.

I was praying later on and didn't really know how to pray. I don't know the whole situation. I pray that God, who knows all the details will bring about justice. I know that God's been putting it more and more on my heart to pray for things that I see. If I don't, who will?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara Ayer said...

hmm...so THAT's what TWC is all about.

12:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home