Saturday, April 01, 2006

The No. 5

This week has been a good week.
There is this showroom/stripbar in our neighbourhood and my school of justice was wanting to make flyers and put them up for free babysitting for the dancer's kids.
We went in on Wednesday (Ashley and I) and talked to the bartender. He was pretty grumpy and said we couldn't put them up. I politely asked when the manager would be there and he said 'Friday'. On our way out we got to talk to one of the dancers and she was very friendly and interested in what we were doing.
Yesterday, Ashley and I attempted again - went in and there was another bartender.
"No, I am sorry. We don't do that sort of thing and..." he stopped in his tracks, changed his facial expression and said "Wait...tell me again what you want to do?"
We explained further and by the grace of God he completely changed his mind! We went and talked to the DJ and he is putting up the flyers. He was so excited and said that it was such a rare and kind thing. PRAISE THE LORD!
Pray for future relationships with the women, especially the single mothers and the No. 5. Pray that we will be able to love well and be able be able to build some more bridges in our community.

10 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

Hey Kirsten, I think this fully rocks. And if you ever need any extra people to be able to babysit I am fully in for it!

12:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has the potential to be hugely transformational...

8:39 p.m.  
Blogger Tim said...

Wow! Clearly nobody told you that your job as a Christian is to judge and ridicule these women, not try and help them!

Seriously though, I am so encouraged by this post. Mind if I feature it? I’m starting a new site for practical ways that people can get involved. I’d love to include this.

Let me know. And GREAT job! Please keep us updated on this one.

1:06 p.m.  
Blogger Larry said...

You blessed me with this post. You have made more of an impact with your actions than many of those angry people do with picket signs.

Would love to know how this plays out with you.

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

Hey Tim,
If you read this, you can use this post as you wish. It's all about the body anyway, isn't it?
Grace to you. Miss you man. Hope to come out to England again at some point...
Hey, are you a daddy yet???

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger Bret said...

Amen. . . That is awesome!

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger Dave C said...

Keep up the great work for God! Awesome idea!

For Blood and Fire,
Dave

5:56 a.m.  
Blogger Nicole_Marietta said...

Thanks! I was so encouraged and challenged to find that niche for our community. I'm going to use this as an illustration about the church's mission and a springboard for our mission at the corps!

7:52 a.m.  
Blogger Sean said...

Good things. First time checking out yo blog. I too am glad to see the church being the church and loving the world as Christ did.

You guys rock.

9:38 a.m.  
Blogger Rochelle said...

Awesome idea! Yes, please keep us posted on this...

5:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home