Friday, March 17, 2006

Update

Today we went to Needle Park to hang out with some people there and chat it up. Dan and I were talking to this man by the name of Yoyo (actualy name - Ronnie). We were laughing and having a good time and all of the sudden he takes out his rubbing alcohol bottle and takes a big swig.
No matter how many times I see that, it still gets to me. It's so sad to see. After Yoyo left we were talking to Lisa, who was in a lot of pain because of her kidneys. She was drinking rubbing alcohol too.
I wish I was able to help people see what their lives could be like. I wish that they could see how beautiful they really are.
I do feel like I am getting a lot closer to several people in my neighbourhood (on a positive note). It's nice that have deepening friendships. Mike comes in regularily to Re:Cre8 and he's really bright, fun guy to talk to. Brendan too, and Adam. Good guys.

Please continue to pray for the ministry of 614 Vancouver. It's beautiful to see flourishing friendships within this community, but at the same time so difficult to see so many things.
Also pray for PEACE for the downtown eastside. There have been several murders within a couple of blocks these past couple of months.
Blessings,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home