Monday, March 20, 2006

Talk is cheap

I went to Cariboo Hill on Sunday morning and had the pleasure of hearing the Word of God brought by THE Michael Collins. What a guy. Seriously one of the most challenging speakers. He tells you how it is and does it in a way that brings so much conviction and no condemnation. Everytime I hear him speak it stirs me.
One of his big messages that God has laid on his heart is - Talk is cheap (love has feet).
One of the passages he was talking about was John 14:15-24. I suggest reading it. Letting it marinate a bit.
If you love Jesus - obey His commands. Jesus (in another passage) asked Peter three time if he loved Him. If you love Him - do something. Feed His sheep, take care of His lambs.
Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" will enter into His Kingdom.
That's intense. Challenges me for sure.

I love Jesus, He knows it, I know it, but what am I doing with it. Matthew 25:31-46. Read it/meditate on it. I did, and I have to honestly ask myself if I am fulfilling this.

Lord help me not to be all talk. Teach me to be obedient and to love those you love. I don't want to misrepresent you in any way. Teach me to be more and more like you. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home