Friday, June 08, 2007

Hello from Montreal

Well I am here in Montreal for my friend, Achlai Ernest's wedding this weekend. Really looking forward to that.
Oh man, it's so weird being back here. It's been over two years now since returning. Small things that I forgot about and didn't realize I missed them until I returned:
The buildings - the are gorgeous! I forgot how much I love the architecture here.
Pountine - okay, totally forgot about that. Awesome! Had some tonight. Ooo la la
The art scene - incredible. I love all the art shops, and the buskers, all the museums, the photographers. Oh man...that's going to be SO HARD TO LEAVE.
Multiculturalism is DEFINATELY number one on the list. Honestly, in Vancouver I think I have one black friend and his name is Chain Man. I miss my peeps :( Just the exposure to different cultures here too.
I was helping set up the wedding today and this lady only spoke Creole and there was another person who only spoke english, so I had to translate. It was quite amusing. I really miss speaking in french with people too. Every time someone bumped into me and said "Pardon", (french for "excuse me") I smiled. I miss that.
Ahhhh. Nestalgia.
Anyway - It's great being here. I think it's my first time to NOT do anything since... I can't even remember!
Had a good time with the LORD today. In prayer, in worship and in the WORD. Read and prayed up Amos 1-4. Heavy stuff. Woah.
Much love, and will try really hard to write more frequently. Grace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

nice!

If you like that Kir you should come to Sydney, you'll hear about 20 different languages just walking down one city street.
Miss yo sis.
Andrew

7:54 p.m.  
Blogger Karyn Baker said...

Hey, Sweets, just checking in on ya. Babe, I'm thinking that you need to one day soon head about four blocks WEST and about three blocks SOUTH and you'll find a Vancouver that's a whole lot like the Montreal you've just described. Though likely fewer people saying, "Pardon." :)

Love you!
Bakes

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home