Friday, May 04, 2007

Solitude

I know that the LORD wants to usher me into a deeper place with Him.
I've discovered recently (I guess I was in denial?) that I find the discipline of solitude very difficult.
Unless it's completely silent and there's no computer, t.v., then I can sit for hours and read my bible and pray. But I am really distracted. Not even by things that interrupt me, but I just suddenly need to check something, or call someone or join a conversation etc.
I am an extrovert so I get my energy from others. I really want to be with Jesus. It's like I have ADD when I try to be still and listen to Him.
When I pray the bible I am fine, because I am moving and stirring my spirit, but I still need that quiet time where I sit with the LORD and hear what He has to say.
If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to pray, that would be sweet. I think that there may be something deeper. Why I always keep myself so busy and am just generally restless. I do get quiet times, but I always feel, always desire more and I want to give more.
Yahweh is in control. He is all powerful. I trust Him. LORD I delight in you and I long to be with you. Shower me in your grace and draw me close, that I may stand and sing your praises and declare your kingdom as long as I have breath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel!!!!
I am the same...
I am reminded of some little silly rhyme:
Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, where have you been?
"I've been to London to look at the queen."
Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, what did you there?
"I frightened a little mouse under the chair."

sometimes I am like that pussy cat chase the mouse instead of looking at the KING in my case..my mice can take all kinds of shapes: thoughts, responsibility, TV, computer, dishes, loundry...

thanks for the blog, sister...a good reminder of a very important discipline of solitude!

6:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home