Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Community lunch

Today I had the day off from work. I enjoyed a bit of a sleep in, good chat with a friend in a far away place and then around lunch time came a ring on the phone. Supposedly the rEVOLution session was unable to attain lunch at their regular location (there are 16 of them). They were wondering what to do...
So, I invited them all over for lunch. I also live with about 15 other people and sort of forgot to ask their permission first, but thankfully everything worked out. Spaghetti all around!
It was a blessing. I love being a part of this community - it really is like a big family.
If my brother was in town I'd invite him over for dinner, and I'd do the same for any of these guys.
Today I am thankful for where I live and the people that God has placed in my life. Praise Jesus.

PS I am also starting to do the LIFE JOURNAL. It's getting popularized here so I jumped on the train to be a part of the corporate blessing ;) The LIFE JOURNAL is a plan to read the bible through a year and comes with a journal to encourage...journaling. heehee

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for lunch. I know I wasn't there, but I'm sure it was great.

Thank you - it meant a lot to me.

9:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home