Sunday, September 24, 2006

Where's your Sword?

For people who know me well, know that I have a huge passion for Reconciliation. So when there is division in the church, or family or whatever, it really hurts my heart a lot.
There's been stuff going on around 614 and beyond and it leaves me in tears. I have been interceeding a lot this week - allowing my heart to break for what breaks the LORD's heart - and asking the LORD for more revelation and wisdom.
This is what YAHWEH was revealing to me:
By the power of the HOLY SPIRIT we are able to really engage in some intense spiritual warfare. We are able to fight harder, longer, we are able to learn in precision and discearnment - sharpening our swords, stamina, strength etc. He allows us to have that to fight against the Kingdom of Darkness, but if we do not put our swords back in their sheaths at the end of it, we can seriously do damage. Especially to those who have been blessed in spiritual warfare - who have more bite, more power etc. If you walk around YOUR camp with your sword out you can easily slash people or cut them down.
The more we grow in the LORD the more we must remain humble, to guard our tongues, to uplift the body, to fight the good fight and love one another.
I've been praying that my sword would be sharper and that I would be able to cut through lies from the enemy, and have discernments (Hebrews 4:12), but with that I also have to recognize the responsibility.

Oh LORD, please continue to teach us humility and how to not only receive your weapons of warfare, but to treat them wisely and only for Your Kingdom. Amen.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds".
2 Corinthians 10:4

2 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Have you thought about training in church conflict mediation?

It's kind of lonely out here! *hoots with laughter* I am not quite the only one, but it often feels like that.

Check out the Lombard Mennonite Peace Centre for state of the art training, and you can get booklists to get started while you pray around the area. One kind of mediation work normally leads to another - church, to neighbour, to divorce, to community/city hall, and so on until you find yourself nose to nose with a bunch of soldiers with guns in Hebron or Gaza, or Columbia or whatever. Faith in action. Go for it if God is leading you.
Warmest blessings, Eleanor Burne-Jones n/TSSF Penzance Salvation Army Corps, Cornwall UK

6:19 a.m.  
Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

By the only one I meant the only one who seems to advocate for church conflict work in our denomination. There are loads of church mediators in the other churches,a nd they are doing incredble work. In practice if I am called in it will be by other denominations, not TSA, as I don't think TSA is into this. E.

6:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home