Friday, September 01, 2006

Community in the Body

I just arrived "home" in Vancouver. Wow, what an amazing holiday.
It was such a rich time of fellowship. I can't even explain.
Here's what I absolutely loved about it (besides all the spectacular sights...the pics will probably come tomorrow).
Natural prayer. I cannot stress this blessing enough. We'd be driving and all of the sudden one of us would just start praying and all of us would join in or be in agreement. We prayed for many things, including each of our session mates, daily.
Another great thing was Read the Bible. This was something that we had in our schedule this year - each day we would get into groups and have each person read a chapter of the bible. We did it each day while we were gone. I loved how it wasn't the same person initiating it. Someone would say something like "who wants to read the bible?" and everyone would be in. What a blessing. I can't get over it. We were all hungry for the Bread of Life. Amen.
Many healings happend as well, things that I would have just let go in the past (sore backs, crick in the neck, headaches) we got together to pray and lay hands and praise the LORD for healing us.

This week showed me so much of what it is to have a family in Christ. I've been living it out all this year, and that's been fantastic, but it was so exciting to see that it happend organically while we were on our own. We weren't scheduled or "expected" to do any of it. We chose it. Beautiful.

Last night (our last night) we were having a little impomptu prayer meeting and we were all giving prayers of thanksgiving and I was so moved. It was the first holiday (that I can remember) where Jesus was constantly being brought into what we were doing. Hallelujah! God is so good.
This morning before leaving Vernon, we had a breakfast Shabbat (sp?)we came together to eat and break bread and give thanks to God for all that He has done. Rich.

I could not have asked for more. We did my favourite things - Kayaking, hiking, white-water raftring, exploring with phenomenal children of God in some of the most beautiful creation that I have ever seen.

To Jesus, Dan, Anthony, Andrea, and Paul - Thanks for a week that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" - Psalm 133:1

3 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

Welcome home, Kirst!
love you, Rochelle
xo

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger Victory of the People said...

thanks kirsten,
that post was so inspiring.

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

how refreshing to read your post and be inspired to press in the WORD even more! thank you

12:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home