Thursday, July 20, 2006

Prayers for Israel

Today many of us in the 614 community are praying and fasting for Israel. I've already made a post on our session's blog (Holy session - check side panel for link), and I want to encourage everyone who reads my blog to join us in prayer.
I've posted on the other blog some Scriptures to pray through already, but if anyone has other suggestions, that would be great.
It's not just for today either. Let's rise up in prayer, Church!

As I've been praying today, I was singing at my keyboard and a song came out of it.
The verses aren't done yet - I believe they'll come as I continue to pray through the WORD, but here are the words to the chorus and bridge.
Please, join me in my prayer:

Shalom to Your people
Shalom to Your land
Shalom to the Bride that you died for
Shalom in Israel

Let faith arise
Let faith arise
Let faith arise
Yahweh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Just wondering why we're not praying for the others involved in this mess? Statistics suggest that 20% of the Palestinians living in that area are practicing Christians.

1:22 p.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

I wasn't trying to exclude people, or make a political statement, I was just trying to stir people to pray and to recognize our role.

I accept your correction.
Grace,

7:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home