Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Such anxiety

So I've watched every game that England has played in the World Cup, and this morning was the first time that we didn't win. Grrrr. Sweden scored in the last few minutes. We didn't lose, but still...it would have been so sweet to win.

I watch the games with other girls, and none of us really know much about football (soccer), so I am sure the experience is quite different.
We make funny observations like - Rooney: A very sweaty guy. Crouch: Always the first to hug the guy that scored. Beckham: Good team player - never hogs the ball or anything.
Today was the first game that I could I.D. people from far away. I am really getting into it. I get so excited. I used to only watch it to support my friend, but now I am a full on fan. It's great.
Anyway - my dad is in Germany now for the World Cup. That's pretty sweet. I love and miss him.
Anyway, cheers for now.
Go England!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey there Kirstin...this is Lenna from Russia..well, I don't even know where exactly I am from by now...we worked together at Camp Allegheny, where Zach proposed to me, remember me?? It was cool to find you on blog....how are you?!?!??! I LOVE your hair on the picture, you look great!
how is your brother?
hope to keep in touch with you,
Lenna

3:44 p.m.  
Blogger supersimbo said...

hey
im curious as to why you are supporting England? my excuse is that im irish and well that nealry qualifies me!!!
oh and last week i was in London and whoa the amount of flags on cars and buses was amazing.........the nation is behind tha lads!!!

Come on England!!!!!!!!

4:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home