Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's not me, it's You

I've been praying a lot about Holiness this year, and seeking and desiring to be made holy.
This morning in my rations I was praying and it hit me. I have been praying for victory and the blessing of a pure heart and trying to ask God for ways that I can overcome etc. when I truly realized taht my goal isn't so that I eventually can handle things on my own. For example, the issue of jealousy - I've been crying out to God for vicotry, asking Him for strategy and so forth, but it's not like with all the discipline and wisdom and knowledge I'll ever become holy - it's ONLY by the blood of Jesus. You receive holiness by FAITH through GRACE. I will always need Jesus.
It's not like Jesus is my coach, teaching me skills so that I can do it on my own - I will ALWAYS need Him. It's not me, it's Him. I'll always be at a point of desperation.
The deeper that I go with Yahweh, the more and more and more I recognize how much I need Him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your honesty was just what I needed.
You are so correct about the desparation not going away; but feeling Christ's presence can quell some of the pain.

7:45 p.m.  
Blogger sixonefour said...

great Word Kirsten - diggin' deep sister...

HD

11:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home