Friday, June 16, 2006

Volleyball etc.

I should be more disciplined in blogging! Sorry to leave you guys hanging.
Things are going well here in Vernon. I am in a volleyball league that plays every Friday night as part of our beach ministry here, and for anyone who's ever seen me doing group sports should get a kick out of that.

I had my first dinner party tonight at my place. Kayla my new roomie, her boyfriend, Kristin - cool gal I work with at the Talkin Donkey, and Conner - another friend from work. Very nice. Delish. I love having people over. My house is looking more and more homey each day, which is great.

I am feeling pretty tired all the time, but I think it's because I go to bed at a different bedtime each night. My body is probably very confused. This also has an effect on my rations (devotions) because sometimes it's really hard to be still and concentrate.

I still haven't hiked, or gone swimming in the lake. Haven't really seen too much of Vernon beside the one main street, but I am loving the community, the familiar faces and the warmth of many.

In a final exortation - Fight for intimacy with Jesus! He wants to be involved in every aspect of your life. Don't compartmentalize, butjump into what He has in store for you. Blessings of Peace and Grace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

I'm so glad to read that your home is becoming more of a 'home' and that you're able to make it a place for community.
Bless you!
Pray for Jed - the past few days have been characterized by tantrums and clingyness :o(

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

Lord, I pray for Jedidiah, that you would bless him and fill him with Your peace. Speak Your words of truth and kindness to him. I pray that he would grow in the love and knowledge of You, Jesus.
Bless him, bless his family and household. Please, show him Your favour. Amen.
And grant your children, Carla and Jonathan with faith, patience and trust in You.

3:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dying to know what you served for dinner???? A. CAthie

5:08 p.m.  
Blogger KiR said...

I made fajitas this week, but I am thinking about having people over every Friday, so I'll be able to try out those new recipes. Thanks again for those. I'll let you know how they work out.

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do because there are a lot I haven't tried yet and you can tell me which ones are good. Makes me feel like cooking tonight. A.Cathie

11:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home