Saturday, September 09, 2006

Airport Adventures

This afternoon I headed to the airport in anticipation of seeing Dan off (home to England for 7 weeks, then London, ON) and instead of having tears of sadness, the LORD did something totally different.
Dan just checked his baggage and we still had an hour left before he had to board. The airport was packed.
From the corner of my eye I saw a woman crying. The LORD gave me a word of knowledge 'this woman's son child is missing'. I told Dan, and so we went to ask the woman if we could help. She was crying and I asked her "Are you missing a child?", she nodded yes and then proceeded to get a picture of her son from her wallet. He's wearing a red t-shirt and has blond hair and his name is Cale.
Dan and I went one way and Darren went the other way.
We kept praying and asking the LORD to open our eyes to see where he was. About 15-20 minutes later I spotted him in a large crowd of people. "Cale! Cale!"
I swept through some people and told him that it was going to be okay, that we knew where his mom was and that he would see her very very soon. Dan ran ahead to get his mom. It was just like a movie when they were reunited.
Both Dan and I got misty eyed as we saw them embrace and cry and be so thankful for each other.
Wow. PRAISE GOD! What an amazing thing. The mother hugged us and thanked us. Supposedly nobody else would help her so she was very grateful. We said 'God bless you' with sincere hearts and then walked away with such joy in our hearts.
Reconciliation is beautiful. It gets me every time.
So instead of being sad about saying goodbye to a friend, I was celebrating how the LORD has brought a family back together. I couldn't imagine something more fearful for a mother than losing a child in a busy place where anything could happen.
PRAISE JESUS! It was so powerful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten: This is beautiful. I have tears in my eyes as I'm reading and so thankful that you were listening at that moment and that God was able to use you to bring Cale and his mom together. There is such great joy in reconciliation! Love you,A.Cathie

6:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home