Monday, September 11, 2006

The REVOLUTION

The new session is in and they're willing and ready. Praise the LORD!
Last night we had our first Street Combat (where we go in pairs through the alleys and streets to meet people, pray with them, share the love of Jesus) and I had a fantastic time.
Each of the second year students were matched with one (or two) of the new students. It was their first day in the down-town Eastside, and we don't waste time!
Yahweh showed Himself strong. I bumped into so many of my friends in the streets (Laura, Bill, Susan, Maureen, Joseph) we met some new people (Isa, James). Nobody got saved last night but it was incredible to see the zeal and passion that the new students had. No fear. Amen.
Tonight they are spending the night on the streets (then they have classes in the morning - woopeee!)
I pray for MORE. That they would receive more than our session, that they would press in and adopt the heart of Christ from day one. I am so proud of them and I have only known them for such a short period of time.

In other news...
I started my job at Starbucks on Sunday. I will be working 20-25 hours/week. My responsibilities for 614 and the War College are as follows:
Teaching/leading Extreme Prophetic, School of Justice, co-leading Re:Cre8, co-leading Nightlights, helping with a squad, overseeing G.A.P. (genocide awareness project) and a gospel choir! I've got a lot on my plate, but PRAISE THE LORD for He is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

Hey Kirst! Wow.. congrats on Starbucks and all of your leadership opportunities. It DOES sound busy. What's the Genocide Awareness Project? And what's Extreme Prophetic? Tell more... love you, Rochelle xo

12:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home