Tuesday, January 04, 2005

from venting to hugs

Today was my first day of school for 2005. I really liked my first class - health psychology. The second one - behavioural neuroscience...not so much.
Here's something that really annoys me about certain professors. We get into class (there are 550 plus there)and he says "who out of you actually believes that there is something beyond just circuitry that makes the "I" in you?". Of course only a few brave souls (such as myself) put up there hands. But then, he goes even futher and asks "Explain to us why you believe this".
I hate how hauty reductionists who believe that everything just boils down to biology, and who are prepared for such a debate, intellectually challenge undergraduates, most of which are in their first year at university. I was going to put my hand up to say something, but I was sure that he had a quick comeback for anyone with a dualistic point of view (that the mind and body are two seperate entities). Grrr. Anyway... that was my beef.
Other than that - things are really great.
I watched Back to the Future 2 today. What a great movie. It's a classic. Entertaining, nice sequences, not a lot of cussing, and who doesn't love creative ideas of what the future might hold?
I love cath-ups. Saying goodbye can suck, but it's always fun to catch up. People that you see everyday, you don't necessarily hug (for example). When I got home, I got hugs. That was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home