Saturday, January 01, 2005

Love your neighbor

Happy New Year to all!
I had a wonderful New Years and had an especially wonderful New Years Day today. We had friends and family over and it was an amazing evening. We shared our goals, fears, prayers for each other, we worshiped, prayed, ate, laughed and yes, cried as well.
The Lord has challenged me. I was reading the famous passage "Love your neighbour as yourself" and it really hit me hard. Loving the people in your community, in your school, at work, at church the way you would love yourself, or your family or perhaps your closest friends.
God has challenged me to show more love to others. To love the unloveable, to touch the untouchables. He has called me to show warmth to those who are lonely. To invite people into my family (the family of God) where they can find peace, and acceptance. I want everyone to be able to experience what I experienced tonight. To be able to KNOW that they are loved, that they are important, that they are accepted, that they are cherished, and that they are friends of God.
I hope and pray that I will be able to really love my neighbours in a new way. I am known for being a "feeler". I pray that I can use this gift from God to really reach out and make a difference. That I can have my eyes wide open to where God is moving and join Him.
I love Jesus. I really do. If you don't - I pray that you will soon, because His love is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home