Monday, December 27, 2004

God is so good

It is soooo good to be home with the family. Life is completely different here. I've been sleeping a lot. I guess I am catching up from the whole semester.
I think that I keep forgetting what a blessing it is that my whole family is in love with Jesus.
Last night we had family and some friends come over. We started to do some worship. Piano, guitar, a couple of drums, and many voices. It was so beautiful. I love that I can grow in worship with my extended family. I think it's also cool that my cousins, who are younger have us to look up to. Growing up, it would have been really neat if I had a whole bunch of older cousins who were sold out for Jesus.

I was at 614 corps (church, for my non-Salvation Army friends...which is most of you!) on Sunday, and we got into small groups of four to talk about what gift God has given us. I shared with my group that it was "hope".
The older I get, the clearer my vision is of how the world really is. Growing up I always believed that everyone was good. That everyone wanted to be nice to everyone and that sometimes they just need a bit of help. I am slowly learning that the world is not so perfect of a place. It is full of coruption and perversion of beauty.
BUT...(there is a but)...God gives us hope. He gives us hope of a brighter future. Of a reconciliation. There is hope for our divided hearts. Hope for out shortcomings. Hope of a healing love to cover all wounds.
Jesus is awesome.
I realy loved the service on Sunday. I am glad that I went. God is speaking a lot to me over the holidays...I think i need to let it brew for a bit more before I attempt to articulate any more.
Get a hold of Jesus and keep your grip tight - because He'll take you on an amazig ride. Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home