Sunday, December 12, 2004

the danger of silence

I think a lot...mostly alone. I find it hard to strike up deep conversations with friends. So many deep issues that I want to just chew on for a while. Yet, it seems like there needs to be so much verbal foreplay before diving into some heavy conversation topics. I don't have so much time on my hands lately, so I have been left pretty unsatisfied.
Everytime I throw something heavy out on the table...there is silence. I find that this can be dangerous.
So many people are scared to express themselves. To get honest.
Have you ever been in a situation where you don't want to give your whole opinion until you know what the other person thinks? Isn't that incredibly silly? I do it all the time though, unless I am really comfortable with someone. Then I really tell them what I think. I have a tendency to be quite honest with those I love the most. I am horrible at lying.
For example, this is just something completely trivial, but I don't really like U2 very much at all. I feel like everyone in the world is in love with them. So many people ask me if I've heard their new album. I say "no, not yet" pretending that I really want to listen to them. I have never told anyone that I don't like them ipso facto everyone loves them. Now I am shedding some skin here, but does this ring any bells for anyone? How many masks am I wearing? Isn't that creepy that I don't even know???
Sometimes we have so many neuroses to work through...is anyone in this boat? Don't be silent!
Just some thoughts...

1 Comments:

Blogger Boris said...

Hey... no big deal... I never really was into U2 either... though in the last couple of years I've started to appreciate their musicianship and lyrics... not ALL their songs, but definitely a bunch of them. There truly was some great songs off Joshua Tree.

11:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home