Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hangin' with the rents

My folks are here for a nice little visit, and it's the first time that I have been visited by them since living on my own in Montreal. It's cool...and yet very strange at the same time.
They took me grocery shopping last night (something that I always took for granted) and my dad literally was as jubilant as a child because he got to put a can through the machine to get 5 cents. I never knew that Ontarians couldn't do that. Anyway, I couldn't believe he was so excited - for 5 cents! Good times.
We went to visit my old neighbourhood. I love how much my parents love people. We went to a bakery and my dad was joking around with the guy. "I know a great place where we can get trail mix!" he says with a sparkle in his eye as we head to another store in the area. Just a few years back my dad started doing the grocery shopping for the family. He would always share the SUPER DEALS that he found. I forgot about that. The one christmas when he got special cheese and to his surprise when he opened it up, exclaimed "2 layers!!!!!" Hahahaha...for those of us who were there, we know why it was funny.
My mom walked me to work this morning. I have never been walked to work. It was nice. The sun was rising and I had someone to talk to. It's nice that they are here.
I've been listening to this new band Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros is like a hot bath that melts me as wax melts off a candle. My dad last year used to eat breakfast by candlelight. He said it brought him peace to start off his day. I have been listening to some cool music that has been calming me down some. Some new favs include 'Iron & Wine', 'Nick Drake', 'Copeland', 'the Decemberists', and of course 'Sigur Ros'. I look back at the music I used to really love - punk and hardcore. I can't listen to it for very long at all anymore. There's this band, x Disciple x, and they are from the hardcore scene. I remember worshipping to it (Christian band - don't get freaked out). I think it's strange how God works in different ways at different times of our lives.
I was a head counselor at a day camp and this 4 year old girl asked me one day "Why doesn't God speak to us out loud?" to which I replied "Because he's so much more creative".


Oh yes, and about my hubby...
In my last blog I said that I was praying a lot for my hubby. I did not run off and get married while I was in the U.K. No worries. I am praying for my husband, whom I do not know. I write cute love notes (not high school cute, but they are for him to read later and you cannot know what is in them!) and pray for him everynight. Sometimes I sense in my spirit that he is going through good times/bad times. I guess I'll never know if that's the Holy Spirit leading me to pray specifically for something, or if it's just my wild imagination...but I will take the former, and use it as an act of faith and surrender. So to my hubby (whoever, and wherever you are) I love you, and I pray that you are growing and being strengthened by the Spirit right now. Bless you! See you soon (hopefully - hahaha).

1 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

'Twas cool hangin' in Montreal.

God loves Montreal and you - we are not alone - and he loves the world through us.

Now that's craziness or creativity or perhaps both!

Five cents richer, love dad

5:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home