Thursday, November 18, 2004

first time blogger

So this is my first blog
Let me give you a glimpse into my life at present
I am here in Montreal and loving it. The city is gorgeous and the people are warm. I love that I go to work and speak french. It's one of those things that you secretly think you are cool because you do it. Making cappucinos and lattes while laying on a thick Quebec french accent. Ha!
Philosophy and Psychology are my school projects. Existentialism is quite interesting. Not as messed up as I thought it would be. Heideger, Satre, de Beauvoir ... I am definately not the smartest in my class, but I feel like I am thinking more outside the box now, which is cool.
I love my classes (most of them) but I have yet found a great studying technique. I am an organizer. I can colour co-ordinate my highlights from class to my study cards at home, make thousands of charts, dividing up sections of work into nice compact units so that I can be efficient while studying. All the time organizing and never actually doing it.
I sit and i procrastinate....in my mind this seems like the most important thing to do, and i must NOT in any way alter my goal of procrastinating, or perhaps the world will come crashing down all around me.
Many little things in life amuse me. For instance. I was so clever to make a special cleaning chart to put up in my apartment of all the things that need to be cleaned and a space to sign your name and the date to keep track of how the place is keeping tidy. I love how I've lived here for two and a half months and the chart is still completely empty.

... just some k thoughts ...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Chef is Cooking said...

all the best w/ sckool :)

7:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home